Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I feel like I must have had a sign on my forehead...

...that read "Easy target, young and foolish, all boys come manipulate me". Unfortunately, that's what happen. Our neighborhood was ALL boys except my sister, cousin and I. At the time, I thought it was great because I was pretty much a tomboy. But beginning at around 7 years old - I began being fondled by several of the neighborhood boys. Thankfully, nothing more than fondling took place with them. This spanned over several years, even into my early teen years when I was held at knife-point with a machete to strip down or I was going to risk getting my neck cut by an over drugged pothead who was high. I didn't strip down and am thankful for God's hand of protection but I'm a bit ahead of myself...I still have a bigger story to share before this knife-point thing happened.

1 comment:

  1. Kim, I a so proud of you for taking this step of faith! God will vindicate this situation. I have a similar story and am writing about it in a book titled "Do I Have My Daddy's Eyes?" It is so freeing to tell others about it. Knowing that God has a plan! I love you and know that God will use your blogs to help others. Keep speaking! As you speak, blog or however you get your story out, you will start to feel pity on your attacker and eventually forgiveness will come! I know! Read Psalm 118:5-7 verse 7 is what I hold to. "With the Lord for me as my helper,I will look in triumph on those who hate me." One of my attackers is my mom's ex-common-law-married husband...Today, I can look him in the eye with triumph because God is my Vindicator! I saw him over thanksgiving and the Prince of Peace was present and no fear or pain existed in my heart that day...I feel for him because he is lost and may spend eternity in hell. So every once in a while I will pray for his salvation. I know how hard it is to recall, but God will see you through! I love you my sister!

    ReplyDelete