Monday, May 2, 2011

Finding Forgiveness...I am FREE!!!

The other day, I was headed to lunch with my wonderful hubby when the Holy Spirit directed me to turn around and go here...

No, I'm NOT a World War II Veteran and sadly enough, I did not go there to honor one of them. The monument stands on the grounds of where the house was that I was raped in 27 years ago...WOW...have I really been holding on to all of this for that long? (to read that story, click here)

Driving up the street next to where the house used to sit brought back SO many memories...the police station on the right hand side and my old church on the left hand side both at the end of the street but only a block away from where I was raped.

I parked my car in a space where the Fire station is now and walked down to the monument. With tears flowing down my face, I stepped off the paved walk way and attempted to walk to the place where I last was 27 years ago in that house...where I was held down on the floor and where I cried all night on the couch. I even visualized the door that I just couldn't make it out of to run to the police station.

I cried so many tears, I wasn't sure there were anymore within me. I walked back to the paved memorial area and sat on the bench for awhile. I then decided to FORGIVE. You see forgiveness has NOTHING to do with the other person but it was for ME...I HAD to forgive...it was time. So to get it out in front of me...I decided to make myself a visual...

I FORGIVE YOU!


I CHOOSE to forgive!!! I AM FREE!!!

1 comment: